GREECE – MACEDONIA – ALBANIA – MONTENEGRO – BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA – CROATIA
Day 1: KUALA LUMPUR – ISTANBUL – ATHENS
- Depart for Athens via Istanbul flight 23:15 pm.
Day 2: ARRIVE ATHENS – CITY TOUR (L, D)
- Arrival Athens 09:00 hours. Pick-up at the airport. City tour of Athens with local tour guide.
- Athens full day city tour visit Acropolis, Parthenon, Olympic Stadium, Olympian Zeus Temple, Lycabettus Hill, Greek Ancient Market. Lunch and Shopping at Syntagma Square.
- Accommodation and dinner in hotel. Overnight in Athens.
Day 3: ATHENS – KALAMBAKA (B, L, D)
- Breakfast Early morning, proceed to Kalambaka (353 km). Its modern name originates from the Turkish words kalempak (prestigious castle), deriving from the days of the dominion of the Ottoman Empire. After lunch visit Meteora rocks and monasteries, the majestic ‘rock forest’ of Meteora, see the best monasteries and experience the most captivating views. Check in hotel in Kalambaka. Free time to explore and shop for souveniers at this picturesque town. Dinner in hotel and Overnight.
Day 4: KALAMBAKA – OHRID (B, L, D)
- Breakfast. Proceed to Ohrid, Macedonia (263km). Stop for lunch in turkish restaurant in the city of Bitolja. Arrival in Ohrid and sightseeing tour visiting Hadzi Turgut Mosque, Old Bazaar, Zeynel Abidin Pasha Tekke, Krst Dazmija. Also, take a scenic boat ride around the lake. Some free time at the town of Ohrid for shopping. Check in the hotel. Dinner and overnight in Ohrid.
Day 5: OHRID – TIRANA – SHKODER (B, L, D)
- Breakfast. Proceed to Tirana, Albania (134km). On arrival, we have orientation tour of the capital city. Then, visit of Mosque of Ethem Bay, Clock Tower, National Museum (PH). Lunch.
- Proceed to Shkoder (94 km). On arrival, some free time for photos and souvenir shopping. Check-in and dinner in hotel in Shkoder.
Day 6: SHKODER – BUDVA – KOTOR – TREBIJNE (B, L, D)
- After breakfast we drive to Bar a small sea town in Montengero. Some time at the old town before lunch and pray at the Bar Islamic Center. Proceed to Budva, Montenegro (106 km) for sightseeing and visit of the Old Town of Budva. Proceed, drive to Kotor (20 km) and beautiful port town with an old fort overlooking the bay. We continue our journey to Trebijne. Dinner and overnight.
Day 7: TREBIJNE – DUBROVNIK – TREBIJNE (B, L, D)
- After breakfast, we drive to the adriatic coast to visit Dubrovnik, well – known being a UNESCO protected pearl of the Adriatic. A guided tour which showcase some beautiful landmarks such as its Cathedral, Rector’s Palace, Fransican Monastery (included Old Pharmacy), Clock Tower, Orlando’s Columns, Sponze Plaza. Lunch in the Old Town of Dubrovnik in seafood restaurant. After lunch, free time to explore the old town on your own. Evening, drive back to Trebijne for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: TREBIJNE – KRAVICE WATERFALL – POCITEL VILLAGE – MOSTAR (B, L, D)
- After breakfast, we depart through the mountainous road to see the majestic Kravice Waterfall. Enroute to Mostar, a brief stop to Pocitel Village, a medieval Ottoman fortified village, before we proceed to Mostar. After lunch, we proceed with city tour of Mostar to visit of Karadjoz bey mosque, Muslibegovic house – walk through the old town and old bridge, listed as UNESCO heritage site. Free afternoon for shopping. Accommodation and dinner in hotel in Mostar.
Day 9: MOSTAR – BLAGAJ – JABLANICA – SARAJEVO (B, L, D)
- After breakfast, will visit Blagaj – located at the start of the river Buna to visit the house of Dervish which is from the Ottoman legacy. Proceed to Sarajevo (130 km) – the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Before reach Sarajevo, we will have a lamb degustation in Jablanica. We try a roasted Lamb Slices with rice and side salad. The lamb marinated in own mix of spices from Balkans – everything homemade. On arrival, we proceed to visit the Tunnel Museum which is a 25m section of the 1m wide, 1.6m high hand – dug tunnel under the airport runway. This tunnel acted as the city’s lifeline to the outside world during the Bosnian – Serbian war.
- Check in and dinner in hotel. Overnight in Sarajevo.
Day 10: SARAJEVO (B, L, D)
- After breakfast. meeting with locals, interaction. Then proceed for city tour of Sarajevo. Visit of old town Bascarsija, Latin bridge, place where the Austro Hungarian Archduke was assassinated, what triggered the 1st World War; Brusa bezistan – covered market place; Gazi Husref Bey Mosque- built in 1530 year during the Ottoman era – and Gazi Husref Bey Madrass; Morica han built in 1551; Vijecnica – town hall for the Austro-Hungarian era. Sarajevo roses. Sarajevo Meeting of cultures – a fine line between Austro – Hungarian and Ottoman architecture.
- Lunch at the local halal restaurant. Afternoon, free for shopping. Overnight in Sarajevo.
Day 11: SARAJEVO – TRAVNIK – BIHAC (B, L, D)
- Breakfast, check out hotel. Proceed to Travnik (90 km). Visit of Sulejmanija (Colorful) Mosque and Fortress. Lunch. After tour of Travnik, visit of Jacje waterfalls (54 km). Proceed to Bihac (204 km). Panoramic sightseeing of Bihac. Check-in the hotel. Dinner in hotel and overnight Bihac.
Day 12: BIHAC – LAKE PITVICE – ZAGREB (B, L, D)
- Breakfast. Proceed to National Park Plitvice in Croatia (35 km). Plitvice sightseeing tour for Two hours walking in the beautiful natural surroundings full of lakes, endemic flora and fauna, boat ride and train ride trough nature protected area. Lunch. Departure to Zagreb (138 km).
- Accommodation in hotel. Dinner and overnight in Zagreb.
Day 13: ZAGREB – ISTANBUL – KUALA LUMPUR (B, L)
- Breakfast. City tour of Zagreb, including the Malaysian mosque. Lunch, then, free time for exploring the winding streets of the old town. Transfer to airport for your flight in the evening.
Day 14: ARRIVE KUALA LUMPUR
- Arrive Kuala Lumpur with sweet memories of Greece and Balkan.